Lee Selby is looking forward to returning to The O2 if he takes on former three-weight world champion Ricky Burns.
Selby will test himself against Burns in a clash on the undercard of Regis Prograis-Josh Taylor at The O2 on October 26, live on Sky Sports Box Office.
“The O2 has been great for me, I’ve boxed there greater than any venue. I won the Lonsdale belt there,” said Selby.
“I won and defended the world title and today I’m back on October 26. Now I’ve got a tough competitor. Ricky Burns is a former world champion.
“To win a domain and shield it once, you have got to be a great fighter. To do it twice, you’ve got to make brilliant. You’re elite, to get it done in three different weight. I’ve got the utmost respect for Ricky Burns.
“We discussed with the ring back in 2014, he made me for sparring ahead of the Terrence Crawford struggle and from what I can recall it was great sparring. It was aggressive, after each spar everyone stood and it had been down and up and gave us a standing ovation.
“So if the sparring is anything to go by, we are in for a treat”
Selby moved up two weight divisions after losing his IBF world featherweight title to Josh Warrington at 2018, but the Welshman believes it was a boon in disguise.
“Obviously it was bothering but it’s just like a burden has been lifted off my waist. I am able to struggle at a comfortable weight, I am happy in the gym and I am feeling great,” he added.
Burns can return to action after nearly a year away from the ring if he chooses fellow world champion Selby.
“Finally I’ve got one over the lineup,” said Burns. “It’s been a frustrating year for me, a couple fights have been talked about but fell through. Clearly, my final struggle was November so that we pulled it.
“I understand I’ve got a tough fight, as Lee mentioned, we have sparred before.
“At night that the very best man can win but I only feel I am heading out there to perform a project. Training has been going well so far and I can not wait.”
Read more here: http://ferraz.adv.br/?p=8878